Friday, July 13, 2007

School and Graveyards and Fish (oh my!!)

What's this, I am updating my blog? It can't be...this must be a hoax.

Anyway, this is the first in a series of updates. The first two pictures are from Sugano Elementary School in Ichikawa City. Japanese elementary school is really quite different from what I experienced in America, I think. Each of us UNC students was assigned to a separate classroom, from first grade to sixth. I had a sixth grade class...that second picture was taken right after I entered the classroom...a scary moment. We had squid and rice for lunch.

Next we have the grave of a Daimyo (Samurai lord), he is buried along with his 47 ronin (masterless Samurai) warriors. It's an interesting story, but I am too lazy to get into the specifics.

Finally...a koi pond. The best one I have seen here in Japan! As soon as you walk near the water's edge, those suckers start opening their mouths like they are gasping for air. The second picture is a picture of me taking a picture of koi, amazing ne?







No comments: