Saturday, June 2, 2007

Recap of Day One



Well here I am at 6:50 in the morning writing a blog update--obviously I haven't quite adjusted to the time yet, but I'm close. After all, some people actually choose to wake up this early, right?




Anyway, my first day here in Fukuoka was spent exploring the city of Tenjin, or perhaps more accurately, being guided around the city by my friend. There's a nice little park called Keigo Koen that we chilled at for a while; you see all sorts of people walk by if you sit there long enough, including the fabled Japanese school girls of legend (quite a lot of them seem to have school even on Saturday, and we saw them even as late as 6 in evening). Besides the park, we visited a few places, including a four-story otaku shop with lots of old expensive stuff, and an arcade/fake gambling place run by Sega ( it had the Mario Kart 2 arcade game that will never see the light of day in the US!). As far as food goes, I had gyuudon (beef and rice basically) and yakisoba, so nothing weird yet. That's about all I have to say for now--until next time.


No comments: